Wednesday 21 August 2019

Show, don't tell sentences

Show: Bob was sad

Tell: Bobs jaw dropped as he tip toed into the kitchen a 1:00 in the morning and his saw that his burger was not there, his lip started to quiver and tears filled up in his eyelids.


Show: Jimmy was excited

Tell: Jimmy's eyes widened as he started to shake the room jumping up and down with his hands held tight and eye filled with joy.


Show: Tim was shocked

Tell: Tim's body tensed as his eyes widened with electricity inside of them.
The bus had missed him.

2 comments:

  1. Hello My Name is Mason from Room 22 at Owairaka School.
    I really like your blog post about sick sentences.
    I remember when I did this.
    Did you do this on google slides.
    Thanks for sharing your learning.
    Blog ya later
    (Mason)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mason it's Vinnie here.
    I am glad that you liked my blog post about sick sentences.
    And no I did not do it on google slides. I did it straight on my blog.
    Can I see your sick sentences?
    BYE!🐢🐢🐢

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.